Yesterday we debuted the next chapter in Cookie and Misty's cooking adventures. Learn how this recipe came to be by checking out Cookie and Misty and the case of the Shanghai’d Chicken while you prepare a warm helping of Shanghai’d Chicken!
Ingredients and where to find them:
- 2-4 lbs Chicken wings and/or legs from the cannon ball scraps.
Cookie’s Food Pack:
- 1 tablespoon oil (peanut, sesame, olive…)
From Saloon’s root cellar:
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped ginger and garlic
- 1 chopped onion and red bell pepper [optional]
- ¼ cup honey
Misty’s Food Pack:
- 3 - 4 cups water (enough to cover the chicken)
- Get out your wok or big skillet.
- Lightly oil the pan.
- Add ginger and garlic. Brown for 1 minute on high heat. If you are using optional ingredients, add them with the ginger and garlic.
- Then add the chicken scraps and brown on all sides.
- Once they are browned, add the soy sauce, honey and then enough water to cover the chicken.
- Keep on high heat and let it all boil down to a sticky sauce. Usually takes 20 - 30 minutes to cook down.
- While it is cooking down get your favorite rice or noodles fixed to serve with the chicken.
Share This Page
Share Your Thoughts!