By: GmaFog | : 1585 : 1
Yesterday we debuted the next chapter in Cookie and Misty's cooking adventures. Learn how this recipe came to be by checking out Cookie and Misty and the case of the Shanghai’d Chicken while you prepare a warm helping of Shanghai’d Chicken!
Ingredients and where to find them:
- 2-4 lbs Chicken wings and/or legs from the cannon ball scraps.
Cookie’s Food Pack:
- 1 tablespoon oil (peanut, sesame, olive…)
From Saloon’s root cellar:
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped ginger and garlic
- 1 chopped onion and red bell pepper [optional]
- ¼ cup honey
Misty’s Food Pack:
- 1/3 - ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 - 4 cups water (enough to cover the chicken)
- Get out your wok or big skillet.
- Lightly oil the pan.
- Add ginger and garlic. Brown for 1 minute on high heat. If you are using optional ingredients, add them with the ginger and garlic.
- Then add the chicken scraps and brown on all sides.
- Once they are browned, add the soy sauce, honey and then enough water to cover the chicken.
- Keep on high heat and let it all boil down to a sticky sauce. Usually takes 20 - 30 minutes to cook down.
- While it is cooking down get your favorite rice or noodles fixed to serve with the chicken.
Share This Page
About the Author
Esther has accomplished many things in her life. Learning is one continuing objective that is important to her.. Through the years, no matter what was in front of her, Esther took steps to learn something new. She is and has been a wife, mother, grandmother, teacher's assistant, medical records Clerk, church nursery worker, archaeologist, osteologist, biological curator, GIS student and now a gamer.
After fighting a bout with breast cancer, she had to change her field of expertise. So, furthering the menagerie, Esther became a Web Production Assistant. She produces and edits press releases for franchise companies and moves them out onto the net, as soon as she receives them. Esther loves the things she can learn while releasing these PRs onto the web. There are a lot of ambitious people out there and someday, she might meet a few of them. Until that time, she will move on with her life and work.
In her free time, this grandma plays with the Gaiscioch gaming community; works on the Gaiscioch Magazine and volunteers at church. She also stain glass paints, quilts, gardens, watches and take pictures of nature around her area. There is beauty out there in this crazy world, and Esther is ready for the challenge of finding it.