Misty and Cookie’s Charr Meatloaf Sandwich
By: GmaFog | : 761
Note: Read the story that goes with the recipe
- 1 lb Ground Dolyak (Beef)
- 1 lb Ground Warthog (Italian Sausage)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Sauted Onions
- 1 tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp. Ascalonian Herbs (Italian Seasoning)
- 1 cup crumbled bread (panko crumbs)
- 1 lb bacon
- 4 Slices of cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Finely chop onions and saute with the fresh garlic. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine ground Dolyak, ground Warthog, eggs, bread crumbs, onions, garlic and Ascalonian Herbs in a bowl.
- Mix it up until all ingredients are distributed and smooth.
- Shape into a loaf and set aside.
- Lay bacon out on a piece of parchment paper. You can get fancy and make it into a lattice if you like.
- Flip the meatloaf upside down onto the bacon and wrap the bacon around the meatloaf by pressing the parchment paper around the loaf.
- Get a lightly oiled roasting pan and flip the meatloaf over onto the pan with bacon side up. Then peel the parchment paper off.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees - 1 hour in oven - (Time for a game of peggles)
Now for the good part:
To make the Charr Meatloaf sandwich, let meatloaf cool before trying to slice. Cut into 1-1.5 inch slices and grill each slice to warm it up. Then take two slices of cheese and put between the slices of meatloaf. Grill in a pan and flip until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Enjoy with your local warband crew.
Share This Page
About the Author
Esther has accomplished many things in her life. Learning is one continuing objective that is important to her.. Through the years, no matter what was in front of her, Esther took steps to learn something new. She is and has been a wife, mother, grandmother, teacher's assistant, medical records Clerk, church nursery worker, archaeologist, osteologist, biological curator, GIS student and now a gamer.
After fighting a bout with breast cancer, she had to change her field of expertise. So, furthering the menagerie, Esther became a Web Production Assistant. She produces and edits press releases for franchise companies and moves them out onto the net, as soon as she receives them. Esther loves the things she can learn while releasing these PRs onto the web. There are a lot of ambitious people out there and someday, she might meet a few of them. Until that time, she will move on with her life and work.
In her free time, this grandma plays with the Gaiscioch gaming community; works on the Gaiscioch Magazine and volunteers at church. She also stain glass paints, quilts, gardens, watches and take pictures of nature around her area. There is beauty out there in this crazy world, and Esther is ready for the challenge of finding it.