Guild Wars 2 Mastery System
By: Aoibheann | : 1404
Heart of Maguuma Masteries:
- Mordremoth’s Bane – The Exalted introduce you to the basics of combating the Mordrem. Their conditions affect you far less.
- Exalted Acceptance – Gain the trust of the strange and mysterious Exalted, giving you access to their services in the Forgotten City.
- Exalted Honing – Learn how to pierce through tough bark, making some of the previously invulnerable Mordrem now weak to your attacks.
- Exalted Markings – Gain the knowledge to read Exalted markings. You can now decipher their words and gain access to secrets of their civilization.
- Exalted Purification – You’ve become honored among the Exalted. You can now challenge their champion each day and unlock their finest treasures within the Forgotten City.
- Wyvern Defiance – The Exalted have taught you to stand in defiance of wyverns. They can no longer knock you down with their wing buffets.
- Itzel Language – The spry Itzel speak a very different dialect from the hylek of old Tyria. Through trial and error you learn to communicate, marking the first steps towards earning their trust. This opens up vendors and trade with the Itzel.
- Itzel Writings – You discover that the glyphs and pictographs you’ve seen around the Heart of Maguuma are the Itzel tribe’s written language. With practice and conversation, you’ve learned to decipher them and discover the hidden treasures the conceal.
- Itzel Herbicides – The Itzel have taught you to use the various extracts around Maguuma to create poisons. These poisons allow you to deal bonus damage against poisoned or burning Mordrem.
- Itzel Leadership – Through careful study of the Itzel language and society, you’ve earned the right to challenge their champion and claim rewards in Verdant Brink.
- Itzel Hunting – Through dedicated teaching, the Itzel train you how to take special trophies from foes in Maguuma, unlocking rare collections.
- Itzel Stalking – The Itzel teach you how to operate their harpoon cannons scattered throughout Maguuma, letting you pull Wyverns down to your level to hunt.
- Nuhoch Language – The brutish Nuhoch tribe’s language is a difficult series of tones, but with some practice you learn to communicate. You are able to trade and converse with the bullish Nuhoch tribe members now.
- Nuhoch Proving – The Nuhoch tribe give gifts based on trials of strength. Unlocking the Mastery of proving gives you the right to enter the trials.
- Nuhoch Energies – The Nuhoch tribe teach you the ways of surviving chak energy. By absorbing a powerful chak energy discharge, you’re able to create orbs that you and others with this ability can use to break through impenetrable champion chak energy shields.
- Nuhoch Alchemy – Masterful fighters rely not only on brute strength, but also tactics. The Nuhoch train you to remove the chak’s powerful acid with your healing skill.
- Nuhoch Trail Signs – Master the art of reading Nuhoch trail signs, allowing you to gather information in the field. The Nuhoch trail signs reveal that which was hidden before.
- Bouncing Mushrooms – Learn how to land precisely and use the bouncing mushrooms found around the Heart of Maguuma to get to places previously impossible to reach.
- Blazing Speed Mushrooms – With stomach training, you can ingest the speed-increasing mushrooms found scattered in the Heart of Maguuma. Run at blazing speeds with the help of nature.
- Adrenal Mushrooms – Learning to eat these mushrooms tweaks your adrenal glands, giving you a surge of adrenaline and instantly refreshing your skills.
- Recovery Mushrooms – Gain the ability to consume these multifaceted healing mushrooms, healing you instantly and curing some conditions.
- Master Forager – With training, you’ve learned to spot the mushrooms in the Heart of Maguuma even faster. They’re now more visible on your map.
- Massive Bouncing Mushrooms – After much practice and core strength training, you can use massive bouncing mushrooms to fly even further through the air.
- Thick Wings – With practice you learn to treat the wings on your glider, strengthening the flaps, allowing you to stay in the air longer.
- Updraft Use – Improved design to your glider handles and slits in the wings let you confidently fly into updrafts, allowing a boost to your flight height and the ability to travel to never-before-reachable locations.
- Stronger Bindings – You learn to bind the wings of your glider with stronger binding straps. The results is longer glide times without tearing apart your wings!
- Powerful Leap – After intensive leg training, you have learned to boost yourself into your glide with far greater force.
Pact Tyria Masteries:
- Fractal Attunement Mastery – Information was not available to view during the beta test; however there appears to be six levels to train.
- Legendary Precursor Crafting Mastery
- Revered Antiquarian – Grants access to the First Tier of Precursor Collections
- Magister of Legends – Contributes to the Second Tier of Precursor Collections
- Historian of the Armaments – Contributes to the Third Tier of Precursor Collections
- Scholar of Maguuma’s Secrets – Grants access to Heart of Maguuma Precursor Collections
Please note that this is a preliminary report – All information is from the closed beta stress test 3/24
Share This Page
About the Author
Aoibheann (pronounced Ae-veen) is an Irish American Artist.
As a Photographer and Writer her work has been featured in Gaiscoich Magazine, Biker Magazine, Sun City Bikers, Ruidoso News, The Ruidoso Free Press, KEDU Radio, the Society for Creative Anachronism, BetterPhoto.com, Juicy Skin Calendar, as well as various other publications for the U.S. military and her colleges.
When she’s not traveling the world and taking pictures, you can find her interviewing interesting people, writing whimsical stories and articles, gaming in GW2, playing guitar, reading her favorite books, or out dancing in the rain.
Owner of Rogue Photos, you can view her photography work at http://roguephotos.virb.com/